Skip to main content
- Sinusitis: Inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that can cause fever, headache, nasal congestion, and purulent discharge.
- Situs ambiguus: (synonyms - situs ambiguous, heterotaxy) A Latin term meaning abnormal distribution or placement of the chest and abdominal organs.
- Situs Inversus Totalis: A Latin term meaning the reversed, mirror-image orientation of the inner organs.
- Small Intestine: The upper portion of the intestine where digestion occurs and most nutrients are absorbed into the bloodstream, consisting of the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum.
- Sputum: Mucus or phlegm coughed up and expelled from the respiratory tract.