Skip to main content
- Effusion: Fluid that has seeped into a body cavity, such as the middle ear.
- Electron Microscopy: A high-powered microscope that uses focused electron beams to create a greatly magnified image.
- Epithelial Sodium Channel (ENaC): The sodium (salt) channel that is present at the surface of respiratory epithelia and has abnormal function in cystic fibrosis and pseudohypoalsosteronism.
- Epithelium: A thin-layer of cells that line the surface of inner organs, including the respiratory tract, which serve as a barrier to the environment.
- Exacerbation: The abrupt worsening.